A Guide to Custom Flat Bottom Pouches
Flat bottom pouches – also known as box bottom bags or block bottom pouches – combine the best of side gusset cartons and flexible stand-up packaging, saving 20% of wasted space in traditional stand-up bags. Flat bottom pouches are one of the most popular packaging choices for food manufactures, which maximises package space on the shelves and within the package.
What are the Advantages of Flat Bottom Pouches?
Flat bottom pouches are the innovative alternative to stand-up pouches, as, during manufacturing, gussets are created. The flat bottom is created by heat welding which allows four corners to create a completely flat base, flat sides and the top is folded down.
Gussets – triangular inserts on the left, right and the bottom of the packaging – give extra strength to the bag allowing the packaging to stand up steadily on shelves. While also provide additional space for custom printing, where unique company advertising is displayed.
The shelf presence of products is improved with the addition of gussets, grabbing the attention of potential customers and giving products a competitive edge. At Focus Print Group, we can customise the five printable panels, to maximise advertising space with interesting product communication, unlike traditional packaging. We can custom appropriate graphics with vivid colour printing to suit the target market of your products.
In addition, the other advantages of flat bottom pouches includes;
- Better utilisation of packaging, with a more efficient package to product ratio, simultaneously giving more space while using less materials than traditional stand-up bags.
- Faster filling rates, as the packaging is a uniform rectangular shape with a large opening at the top, this allows machines to fill the package quickly.
- Quite robust packaging when compared to thinner materials. At Focus, we use quality resources to ensure products can withstand the pressures of production and transportation.
What Products are Best for Flat Bottom Pouches?
At Focus Print Group, we use certified food-safe materials and eco-friendly inks which make flat bottom pouches suitable for a range of packaging uses. As the materials are strong, providing an effective barrier to moisture, impacts, temperature difference, oxygen and light to maintain quality and freshness of any products.
Perfect for dry products, powders, frozen foods, dairy, pet foods, personal hygiene products, cosmetics, cleaning products and most liquids from soups, sauces and ready meals.
Can Flat Bottom Pouches Get Additional Features?
At Focus, you can upgrade flat bottom pouches with a variety of additional features. Any upgrade makes your product more attractive to customers with enhanced convenience and high-quality aesthetics. Some of the most popular upgrades customers ask for with flat bottom pouches includes;
- Zip seals, one-way values and tear notches at the opening of the packaging. Which allow for easy resealing and use, particularly beneficial for foods such as coffee beans and snacks.
- Peg holes which allow products to be hung on hooks in supermarket aisles, this is particularly common for snacks and candy.
- Custom clear windows are cut-outs in packages that allow consumers to see the product inside, without having to open the packaging.
Sourcing the Best Packaging Solution
In the world of packaging, there are many high-quality options, but flat bottom packaging is the newest way to make your products stand out. At Focus, our packaging range can be customised to suit your product and branding needs. With specialised features from styling, shapes, size, stocks, colours and custom prints, to name a few.
If you are looking for a reliable supplier to design and produce the best packaging solutions for your products, contact Focus Print Group today. With more than 30 years’ experience and an all in-house state of art premises, our team is ready to bring your ideas to life. Whether you need Paperboard, Cardboard or Stand up Pouches, our team can assist you with any of your packaging needs. Contact our Sydney office on (02) 8755 7888 or Melbourne office on(03) 8831 2000, for a FREE packaging printing consultation.